Did you know...
1. There are 3.5 million Truck Drivers in the US! This number includes both self-employed and employee truck drivers.
2. There are 13.86 million single-unit and combination trucks registered in the US.
3. More than 327 billion miles were traveled by truck drivers in 2021. That's like taking a round trip to the moon 684,387 times!
4. 11.46 billion tons of freight were transported by truck drivers in 2022.
5. Trucks move nearly 73% of all the freight in the US.
6. According to an industry survey, Truck Driving was the most common job in 29 states.
7. About 241,000 openings for heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers are projected each year, on average, over the decade (2022-2032).
8. The average age of a truck driver is around 45 years old.
9. There are approximately 283,000 truck drivers who are women in the US.
10. Almost 16% of all truck drivers are owner-operators, i.e., small business owners!
Bonus 11. Of all carriers or trucking businesses, 95.8% operate 10 or fewer trucks. In other words, the majority of trucking companies are small businesses.
Are you thinking about starting a trucking business, but not sure how to get started? Check out our course on How to START Your Trucking Business!
Interested in being notified when more free resources are available? Subscribe down below and you'll be the first to know!
Soshaul Logistics LLC and its affiliates do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. It is meant to serve as a guide and information only and Soshaul Logistics, LLC does not assume responsibility for any omissions, errors, or ambiguity contained herein. Contents may not be relied upon as a substitute for the FMCSA's published regulations. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction or operation.